Stress in the workplace is not a new phenomenon, but it is a greater threat to employee well-being than ever before. To excess, stress can trigger physical and emotional responses that are harmful to employees and create a staggering impact on employers. The total health and productivity of work-related stress is estimated to cost American companies more than $300 billion a year.
- An estimated 1 million workers are absent every day due to stress
- 40% of job turnover is stress related
- 60% to 80% of accidents on the job are due to stress
- Stress costs an estimated 16 days of sick leave and approximately $8000 per person per year
- Emotional issues associated with workplace dissention claim over 500,000 victims who lose more than 1.8 million workdays a year
While this list is by no means comprehensive, employers would agree these are compelling reasons why every company should consider a worksite stress management iniative.
Call for a complete Mind Matters program overview.